Re: [linux-audio-dev] LinuxTag Infomail #2

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LinuxTag Infomail #2
From: Frank Neumann (Frank.Neumann_AT_st.com)
Date: Wed Jun 13 2001 - 12:39:07 EEST

Hi,
Umberto wrote:

> I will not be at LinuxTag.

Ok.

> I'm currently spending my available time in the definition of a quite
> heavy project: a free replacement for Csound. This implies a change on
> my priorities about free software development.

Sounds interesting..actually I didn't know Csound was not GPL-style
"free".

> Sunday I will release CSFE 3.3 "Florence" edition, containing the fix
> for Florence's bug.

Ok, fine.

> If someone is interested in performing a demo of the Unofficial Linux
> Csound OSC features using CSFE and RemoteCsound, I can help setting it
> up, tuning the application, producing some orchestras and scores.

Yes, I am very interested in that - basically, important things to
know/have are:
- what version of Csound to use with Csfe/where to get it (I once got
the impression there's more than one repository for "the most recent
Csound")
- What other libraries/packages I need to have installed
- sample files - and probably samples that are not too "experimental"
but rather resemble some kind of "music" (don't get me wrong here - I do
like some sorts of experimental music, but I just think this might be a
bad choice for the targeted audience at LinuxTag).

If you can collect this information/data and make it available, I'm sure
we can somehow arrange to have it shown at LinuxTag.

Thanks,
Frank