Re: [linux-audio-dev] New plugins

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] New plugins
From: Remco Poelstra (rjpoelstra_AT_home.nl)
Date: Thu Jun 14 2001 - 17:10:18 EEST

On wo, 13 jun 2001 15:46:22 Steve Harris wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 13, 2001 at 01:34:04PM +0200, Remco Poelstra wrote:
> >
> > Do you mean specifying walls and calculate the reflections points and
> then
> > calculate distance and so on?
> > In that case I've once writen a Pascal program, that did that. You
> might
> > want to look at it for inspiration for how to implement the algorithm
> (I
> > can not garantuee that it's a clever algorithm I use, but i works.)
>
> I was going to use it for plate reverbs, but I'd be interested to see the
> code. The problem is reclaulating hte parameters when you move the
> actuators, without causing major realtime problems.

I packed it all and is available at www.beryllium.net/~remco/3dtoy2.tar.bz2
It's not a finished program, because a bug in the pascal compiler turned
up, which causes empty wave files to be writen. I then switched to C.
It's not very documented, but there is a .abw file with the formulaes and
an .xcf file with a drawing of the situation. If you need help to
understand the program, just mail me.
The HRTF data I use, is available from www.beryllium.net/~remco/data.tar.gz
and is derived from the KEMAR HRTF data from Bill Gardner and Keith Martin
(ftp://sound.media.mit.edu/pub/Data/KEMAR).
(Only some renaming has been applied).

I hope you can do something with it,

Remco Poelstra