Re: [linux-audio-dev] LAAGA API Proposal

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LAAGA API Proposal
From: Richard C. Burnett (burnett_AT_tality.com)
Date: Fri Jun 15 2001 - 17:52:39 EEST

I think that eventually, like a mixing board, people will hook up their
favorite apps in a way that they like to use them for audio projects (
like in a studio ) and it would be nice if you didn't have to disconnect
and reconnect them. Just like why I sold mu 8 channel mixer for a 12
channel mixer, I was tired of hooking things up and disconnecting them :)

Also, noise is negligable if we say that the input is muted with no input
attached, (all zeros) so shouldn't add extra noise.

Rick

On Fri, 15 Jun 2001, Paul Davis wrote:

> >> Hammerfall -> D/A converter -> mixer -> monitors
> >> /
> >> QuadraVerb FX -/
> >>
> >> I frequently do not have the Quadraverb connected to anything.
> >
> >So whats the point in having it connected to the mixer then? It just
> >adds noise!? Whats the point in running the app for the Quarda (which
> >is needed to create the connection in the first place) if you dont
> >use it?
>
> Maybe I was using it, and will continue to use it, but I just
> disconnected its input for a little while. Suddenly, all the output
> stops. Say what?
>
> --p

| T a l i t y | +------+ |
| Richard Burnett | +-+ | |