Re: [linux-audio-dev] LAAGA API Proposal

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LAAGA API Proposal
From: Richard Guenther (rguenth_AT_tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de)
Date: Fri Jun 15 2001 - 17:55:13 EEST

On Fri, 15 Jun 2001, Paul Davis wrote:

> >So there remains the case that you dont plug anything, but the quadra
> >app simply stops producing output with the connection still active.
> >This is obviously a bug in the quadra app (it has to be considered as
> >such for my model as else the mixer will stall).
>
> i don't see how it can be an error in the application. the problem is
> not that the application doesn't know how to produce output without an
> input connection. the problem is that the application is never
> executed. if it was executed, we'd get output (silence). but its not
> executed because nothing ever queues a buffer to its input.
>
> thats why you need an engine. i think.

Humm, I see. So you need a syncronization "stream" on top of which
you can "ride" - so you are not driven by IO, but by this syncronization
stream (which in your case happens to be provided by the engine and is
implicit and invisible) - this stream would span the flow-graph. Oh
well...

Richard.

--
Richard Guenther <richard.guenther_AT_uni-tuebingen.de>
The GLAME Project: http://www.glame.de/