Re: [linux-audio-dev] PortAudio

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] PortAudio
From: Paul Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Tue Jun 26 2001 - 23:13:07 EEST

>I thought I should point out the existence of an existing cross-platform
>audio API that has been around for awhile. It has been adopted by many
>computer music practitioners. Perhaps it will be useful to some. There is a
>Linux/OSS port in beta. More details at:

Phil, thanks for the pointer to PA. I'm glad to see that you've also
adopted a callback model. PA looks quite pleasant to use and not too
far from part of what LAAGA is aiming at. However, the primary goal of
LAAGA is to facilitate inter-application data exchange rather than
just providing a simpler (more portable) layer for interacting with
audio h/w. Do you have any thoughts on that aspect of things?

--p