Re: [linux-audio-dev] License Concerns about ladspa.h and GPL programs

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] License Concerns about ladspa.h and GPL programs
From: Junichi Uekawa (dancer_AT_netfort.gr.jp)
Date: Thu Mar 01 2001 - 18:36:13 EET

In Thu, 1 Mar 2001 11:46:26 +1100 Conrad cum veritate scripsit :

> no, for something to be GPL-compatible it only needs to be
> redistributable
> and relicensable, and mustn't require advertising clauses etc. [There's
> probably a few other details I've missed, but it doesn't need to be
> GPL].
>
> BSD-style licenses are usually suitable for this kind of thing.

I do not have anything at hand which gives any clue as to the usage
condition of ladspa.h.

The only clue is that "LADSPA plugin API is free to use" which
does not explicitly allow I can randomly distribute modified copies of ladspa.h

Or am I missing some documentation?

--
dancer_AT_debian.org : Junichi Uekawa   http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer
GPG Fingerprint : 17D6 120E 4455 1832 9423  7447 3059 BF92 CD37 56F4