RE: [linux-audio-dev] License Concerns about ladspa.h and GPL programs

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-dev] License Concerns about ladspa.h and GPL programs
From: Richard W.E. Furse (richard_AT_muse.demon.co.uk)
Date: Mon Mar 05 2001 - 22:38:41 EET

I agree that GPL is inappropriate. I'd not read the BSD licence before
Conrad sent it to me - does anyone know legally how it differs from LGPL?

Hopefully I'll have this sorted out (LGPL or BSD) by the end of next week
(he says, giving himself a half-deadline).

The wording of the LGPL doesn't really seem to cover APIs (libraries
appears the focus) - is it really appropriate here?

What I'd like to do is make the SDK GPL except for the actual API itself
which would be under LGPL or BSD. Perhaps to make this clear I should split
the current SDK into two packages?

--Richard