Re: [linux-audio-dev] Midiator MS-124W

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Midiator MS-124W
From: douglas irving repetto (douglas_AT_music.columbia.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 09 2001 - 20:45:24 EET

> Yes it is the midiator-0.3 driver. When I try:
>
> #./read_midi
>
> MIDI reader . Version 0.3
> No OSS midi device detected
> No $MIDI_DEV set, trying /dev/ttyS0
> MIDI device opened: /dev/ttyS0
> Initializing MS-124w
> ioctl to get tty info failed: Input/output error
> can't open MIDI port
>
> Any clues where I might be messing up?
>
> for my system the path to setserial is in /bin not
> sbin
> I have since changed this could it be some other kind
> of small thing like this?

hmm, i assume you've done:

/sbin/setserial /dev/ttyS0 baud_base 57600
/sbin/setserial /dev/ttyS0 divisor 1

i was having a problem with a digital camera for awhile, because i
forgot that i put the midiator setserial stuff in a startup script and
it was setting the port to 57600, which the camera barfed on. maybe you
have some other device that is setting the serial port? but if you run
the above right before using the midiator it shouldn't be a problem.

are you using the cable that came with the midiator? i wonder if your
midiator isn't getting power properly? mine works fine off of the serial
port power, but for awhile dave topper was using his with an external
power supply. you might try that, as it sounds like the driver is
working fine but the box isn't responding.

?

douglas

--
                        douglas irving repetto