Re[2]: [linux-audio-dev] Plugin GUIs

Subject: Re[2]: [linux-audio-dev] Plugin GUIs
From: Rick Burnett (destinytech_AT_spacey.net)
Date: Tue Mar 27 2001 - 05:26:39 EEST

I think it should be pointed out that many authors do not use special
'routines' or 'rendering' for their icons. Out of the 5 applications
that I have designed and written all the way to being marketed, only
one had rendered images. I have to agree that it gets annoying using
software written for one screen resolution and then trying to use it
on a different resolution. Even if you develop a methodology for
developers to use for creating a more 'scaling' GUI, it doesn't mean
they will use it. I would say, before you go down that path to seeing
how to implement it, first determine just how many people would want
to use it. If there is very small demand for it, I know they are
probably a ton of other things that need developing at this point that
would be more beneficial to the LAD developers.

FWIW,
Rick