Re: [linux-audio-dev] ladspa GUI round 2

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] ladspa GUI round 2
From: Nick Bailey (n.bailey_AT_elec.gla.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Mar 29 2001 - 10:47:20 EEST

Paul Davis wrote:

> what do you all think ? we could have this done in a few days!
>
> --p

That's exactly what I was trying to say... that's how sculptor works,
and it's antique. I used fork and shmops because there wasn't a reliable
thread library around when I wrote it. There is a mechanism whereby the
events are abstracted. You could (should?) use pipes... i used shmops,
but I was young and innocent then 8-)

basically isn't abstracting events at a higher level ("change client
volume parameter" rather than "GTK sider moved") you want to do?

Nick/

(where are my posts going? 8-)