Re: [linux-audio-dev] Mustajuuri -> LADSPA plugins.

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Mustajuuri -> LADSPA plugins.
From: Stefan Kersten (steve_AT_k-hornz.de)
Date: Thu Mar 29 2001 - 16:05:54 EEST

Steve Harris wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 28, 2001 at 03:24:40PM +0200, Stefan Kersten wrote:
> >
> > While not being intimitely familiar with the LDSPA specification,
> > I think it could be very convenient to provide some kind of vector
> > control type that would serve the case when having N related
> > control channels that should be handled as a single named control
> > (e.g. frequency bands in a phase vocoder, waveform tables, etc.).
> > The user interface incarnation of such a vector could be a
> > graphical table, editable either by drawing into it or by setting
> > breakpoints (although this might be too specific?).
>
> There are two seperate issues here, the presentation of vector type
> parameters (which we discussed, but I don't know if it made it into the
> XML spec, Paul?) and the LADSPA parameter spec, which require that
> everything be sent and received as floats, with good reason I might add.

I see. My thought was that when having a 'vector control' data
type that corresponds to an array of floats would simplify
connection and parameter management (you would treat control
parameters that inherently belong together as a single entity),
but as a downside would add (unnecessary) complexity to the LADSPA
API ...

<sk>