Re: [linux-audio-dev] custom GUIs & XML GUIs ...Was: ladspa GUI round 2

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] custom GUIs & XML GUIs ...Was: ladspa GUI round 2
From: David Olofson (david_AT_gardena.net)
Date: Sun Apr 01 2001 - 00:31:32 EEST

On Saturday 31 March 2001 19:11, Steve Harris wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 31, 2001 at 11:08:31AM -0500, Paul Davis wrote:
> > >what if all these plugin GUIs start sending(receiving) tons of
> > > events to/from host.
> >
> > how would they do that ? they're driven by the mouse/keyboard.
>
> And the hosts automation features I would hope, though if it really
> is getting noticable, just close the window!

Yeah; and the GUI rendering overhead is probably going to kill your
desktop long before the communication overhead does anyway. This
would be meant *only* for GUI stuff IMHO, so that kind of overhead
wouldn't be an issue.

//David

| Multimedia Application Integration Architecture |
`----------------------> http://www.linuxaudiodev.com/maia -'