Re: [linux-audio-dev] LAAGA - how are we doing ?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LAAGA - how are we doing ?
From: Jim Peters (jim_AT_aguazul.demon.co.uk)
Date: Tue May 08 2001 - 10:08:21 EEST

Paul Davis wrote:
> >My idea is a small C-coded server, which comes with a simple
> >command-line or text-mode tool for adjusting the connections between
> >plugins.
>
> I am adamantly opposed to this. I don't want the server involved in
> "connections" - I don't think there are any connections!

Well, there has to be some loose sense of connection at least, or else
you can't optimise your run-list.

> But thats not something that the server "manages".

Okay, okay.

Even though we seem to have been thinking in different directions, I'm
glad this is being exposed so that we can clear things up now.

I'm under rather extreme (paid) work pressure right now, but I hope I
can give this some time soon.

Jim

--
 Jim Peters         /             __   |  \              Aguazul