[linux-audio-dev] Re: [alsa-devel] Re: laaga, round 2

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] Re: [alsa-devel] Re: laaga, round 2
From: Paul Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Tue May 08 2001 - 19:19:52 EEST

>"Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly."
> -- Henry Spencer

yup. no question of that. thats why we have:

        man semop
        man shmget
        man poll/select
        man read/write
        man open

all of which present totally different API's for working with
OS-controlled objects and resources that are fundamentally "just data
streams". did i bother to mention the SysV stream interface ? sorry.

what lesson shall we learn from this aspect of Unix?

--p