Re: [linux-audio-dev] OffTopic: LAD logo

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] OffTopic: LAD logo
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Fri May 11 2001 - 15:35:16 EEST

On Fri, May 11, 2001 at 01:21:03PM +0200, Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:
> Maarten de Boer wrote:
> >
> > > * last date for the submission of new logos is may 14.
> > > by that time all logos need to be in final form, that is, rendered
> > > and touched up.
> > > if at all possible, there should be one really large version for
> > > banners and stuff, one web logo version and one in button format.
> >
> > Could you be more specific? Geometries?
>
> well, frank, what format do you need for submission to LinuxTag ?
> (a vectorized image is possibly the optimal solution, but can gimp
> handle these ?)

No, and linux is not well served by vector editors. You can use a program
to convert a bitmap to a vector format (vector EPS for eg.). EPS tends to
be prefered by publishers, but beware as most linux programs will just
convert a bitmap to an EPS bitmap, which isn't really what you want.

There is a program called autotrack for linux that does this, but I haven't
had very good results from it.

- Steve