Re: [linux-audio-dev] Low Latency Kernel Combos

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Low Latency Kernel Combos
From: Darwin Marcus Johnson (schwaahed_AT_yahoo.com)
Date: Sat May 26 2001 - 20:42:57 EEST

On Saturday 26 May 2001 12:01, Maurizio Umberto Puxeddu wrote:
> Darwin Marcus Johnson wrote:
> > [...snip...]
> > How do I go about using kgcc to compile the Kernel? Do I just change gcc
> > to kgcc in the make file? Or is there something else that I am missing?
>
> Supposing you are using bash:
>
> #export CC="kgcc"
>
> then use "make -e" instead of "make", for example
>
> #make -e bzImage
>
> #make -e modules
>
> etc.
>
> HTH,
> Maurizio Umberto Puxeddu

Regardless of what I try I keep getting this error message below, when I try
to compile the kernel. I thought maybe it was a gcc thing but I don't think
so now. Could someone point in the right , direction, documentation,
mailing-list,etc..

-Thanks
Darwin

[root_AT_schwaahed linux]# make -e dep
kgcc -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -o scripts/mkdep
scripts/mkdep.c
/usr/lib/libc.a: could not read symbols: Malformed archive
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [scripts/mkdep] Error 1