Re: [linux-audio-dev] Low Latency Kernel Combos

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Low Latency Kernel Combos
From: Josh Green (jgreen_AT_users.sourceforge.net)
Date: Sat May 26 2001 - 21:59:49 EEST

Darwin Marcus Johnson wrote:

> On Friday 25 May 2001 20:00, Josh Green wrote:
> > I also have Mandrake 8.0. I'm not currently using a low-latency kernel
> > though. I tried Linux 2.4.4 but with or without the low latency patch I
> > experienced some serious scheduling problems. I'm using reiserFS so
> > perhaps thats the kernel code in question. Basically system would stall
> > (X cursor and all other running programs) for a very noticeable time
> > when doing simple things like compiling programs. I even compiled the
> > kernel with Mandrake kgcc when I discovered that 2.9.6 wasn't
>
> How do I go about using kgcc to compile the Kernel? Do I just change gcc to
> kgcc in the make file? Or is there something else that I am missing?

Yeah. In Makefile I replaced "gcc" in the HOSTCC and CC variables with
"kgcc". I'll probably try to find myself a good lowlatency combo soon,
so I'll let you know if I find anything. If you don't have that satanic
scheduling problem I spoke of with 2.4.4 you could probably use it.
Lates..
        Josh Green