Re: [linux-audio-dev] *rta* A Wish List - Open Issues

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] *rta* A Wish List - Open Issues
From: Karl MacMillan (karlmac_AT_monk.peabody.jhu.edu)
Date: Fri Nov 02 2001 - 22:58:02 EET

On Friday 02 November 2001 11:44 am, Paul Winkler wrote:

> PD http://www.pure-data.org
> A MAX-like system that runs on linux or windows (poor latency on 'doze).
> Looks absolutely fascinating but I haven't had time to try it yet.
> Supports LADSPA plugins on Linux, and VST plugins on 'doze!
> I don't know how stable it is yet.
> (OT: Does anybody know of a site that has mp3 or other audio
> samples of work people have done with PD? A clip is worth
> a thousand words...)

There is a clip at http://mambo.peabody.jhu.edu/~jsarlo/music/ - the first
one is constructed primarily from sounds created with PD. There is a _lot_ of
very low frequency information in this so the better the speakers the better
it will sound. The composer (Joe Sarlo) is very adept at PD and I think that
this shows what PD can do very well.

Karl