RE: [linux-audio-dev] where to find a comprehensive overview of DSP coding including basics and everything else?

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-dev] where to find a comprehensive overview of DSP coding including basics and everything else?
From: Ivica Bukvic (ico_AT_fuse.net)
Date: Tue Nov 06 2001 - 00:33:51 EET

Thanks all for helpful tips! I do however have extensive knowledge behind
the "theory" and "practice" of the sound. So, I am NOT interested in books
that describe properties of sound (since I actually teach intro to
electronic music to undergraduates, I know all that rather well), and quite
frankly I already have most of the ones worth having.

Thus, I am actually looking for books listed on the music-dsp site that
would be the best pick for me by serving as a good reference (not as a book
that needs to be read from the beginning to the end) and would contain
richly annotated C++ or equiv. code examples utilizing free non-licensed
audio libs I could easily utilize in my Linux applications? Is it the best
to go directly the ALSA way (I have a good ground knowledge of C++, but am
unsure how C++ friendly Alsa is)? Is ALSA easily embedable in C++ code (i.e.
is it as simple as just having an #include <blah.h> in your source code)? If
so, is it just the best if I went straight to the Alsa website and start
digging through their documentation?

Thanks once more for all your help!

Ico Bukvic