Re: [linux-audio-dev] Linux Driver for Creamware Luna II

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Linux Driver for Creamware Luna II
From: Joe Pfeiffer (pfeiffer_AT_cs.nmsu.edu)
Date: Fri Nov 09 2001 - 17:47:08 EET

   Trying to reverse engineer seems to become a life-task,
   it's perhaps really better to buy a second professional card that
   has Linux support. Maybe the M-Audio Delta 44.

   But which card with additional dsp's for effect
   processing has Linux support?

That's actually a very good point. If a card has some sort of unique
features that you really need you're sort of stuck, but other than
that getting a card with Linux support (or at least available api
specs) and telling the vendor *why* is a good idea.

Related, sort of: I've got a digital camera that uses a Smartmedia
card. There's an adapter called a ``flashpath'' that lets you plug
the Smartmedia card into a floppy drive, but it does take a special
driver. The company which makes the flaspath released a GPLed Linux
driver for it, which I got. Unfortunately, the block device interface
changed between 2.2. and 2.4, and the company doesn't seem to have
ever upgraded the driver. But... guess what I'm doing over the
Thanksgiving break!

--
Joseph J. Pfeiffer, Jr., Ph.D.       Phone -- (505) 646-1605
Department of Computer Science       FAX   -- (505) 646-1002