Re: [linux-audio-dev] Linux Driver for Creamware Luna II

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Linux Driver for Creamware Luna II
From: Steve Harris (S.W.Harris_AT_ecs.soton.ac.uk)
Date: Fri Nov 09 2001 - 18:09:40 EET

On Fri, Nov 09, 2001 at 03:27:38PM +0100, Joachim Backhaus wrote:

> Trying to reverse engineer seems to become a life-task,
> it's perhaps really better to buy a second professional card that
> has Linux support. Maybe the M-Audio Delta 44.
>
> But which card with additional dsp's for effect
> processing has Linux support?

I believe that the emu10k chip is programmable under linux, though last
time I looked into it the interface was a bit clunky. Also the card does
not seem to be very good (well it is creative labs).

I considered asking TC for specs for thier sharc dsp card (can't remember
the name) as they claim it is open. But then realised that I didn't want
to spend UKP1000 (~$1700, I guess a lot of that goes on the bundled
software) on a DSP card for my PC anyway.

- Steve