Re: [linux-audio-dev] time stretching and compression under Linux ?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] time stretching and compression under Linux ?
From: Paul Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Sun Nov 11 2001 - 20:43:42 EET

>i'm looking for a powerful time stretching and compression
>tool for Linux, something on the level of the ProTools plugin.

i've mentioned the SCRIME tools ProSpect and ReSpect before. they are
not plugins, and are not even particularly well designed in the sense
that one them uses a kernel module to accomplish something that
SCHED_FIFO would do. but they are higher quality than anything else
i've heard except some Roland h/w.

>with any luck, we might be able to hack the code a little
>and use it to synchronise input from two soundcards
>simultaneously... i can give more details if you are interested.

that would be unbelievably crazy to do with these tools, which are
aimed at musical quality transformation of sound. multiple sound card
sync can be done with much simpler algorithms than you use for time
stretch and compression.

--p