Re: soundcard sync was Re: [linux-audio-dev] time stretching and compression under Linux ?

Subject: Re: soundcard sync was Re: [linux-audio-dev] time stretching and compression under Linux ?
From: Paul Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Mon Nov 12 2001 - 04:58:05 EET

>it is he himself, but he is *keen* to waste this time and
>explore the issues of multiple soundcard sync.

understood. i really wasn't intending to be harsh, just trying to
point out some issues that i personally consider really
important. good luck. i suspect that tomorrow you'll get some
friendlier responses :)

>little crappy ones, they are, at least the SB Live higher
>spec cards. other than being 16bit there's not an awful lot
>of difference between them and my 24bit Turtle Beach
>pinnacle, which apparently has a better reputation...

even so, i wouldn't want to use any of these in a "studio". converters
inside the computer chassis? no thanks.

--p