Re: [linux-audio-dev] time stretching and compression under Linux ?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] time stretching and compression under Linux ?
From: motet_AT_zoom.co.uk
Date: Mon Nov 12 2001 - 16:02:40 EET

Quoting Nick Bailey <n.j.bailey_AT_elec.gla.ac.uk>:

> You could use CSound: http://www.bright.net/~dlphilp/linux_csound.html
> The phase vocoder will compress/expand the time axis for you.

wonderful, thanks heaps :o)
i'm also having a look at the apps Paul suggested, along with
the new SCRIME app Boxes, which looks interesting.
this side of things will probably have to be saved for the
post-recording musical side of time stretching though :).

If you are interested I'll email
> you again when we've finished the patch, but I won't be offended if you
> aren't 8-)

i'd be very interested, thanks very much!
my personal email is at the bottom of this email - its better
to reach me on that address :o)

> I think Paul was right about syncing 2 soundcards, but not about
> telling
> you off for trying. People won't work on open source projects if their
> told to, they just have to realise it's The Way. So good luck.

thanks for your support :o) yes, thats what i feel too - by
all means i will heed people's advice, but where would we be
if we didn't try some of these wacky lateral-thinking
experiments?

best wishes

miriam

miriam_AT_iriXx.org