Re: [linux-audio-dev] time stretching and compression under Linux ?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] time stretching and compression under Linux ?
From: D. Stimits (stimits_AT_idcomm.com)
Date: Tue Nov 13 2001 - 23:17:42 EET

Rick wrote:

> Hmmm, my thoughts on this would be that isn't the crystal biased? If
> you connect them together you are going to affect the biasing. What you
> want to do is sync them, but if you think about it, I don't see that
> happening. If the crystals oscilate, you are going to get current
> flowing across the wire in both directions based on the phase
> difference, jitter and drift, and its going to cause distortion in the
> signal, but not change the phase to be in sync. I could be wrong though
> :) If so, let me know :)

What it really needs is to replace all but one crystal with a
phase-locked-loop that synchronizes with a main timer. Now if the
crystals are rather close in timing already, it seems that a very low
capacitance coupling between crystals would be better than direct wiring
(and possibly with a metal oxide resistor in series as well).

D. Stimits, stimits_AT_idcomm.com