Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: more bad low latency results

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Re: more bad low latency results
From: Tim Goetze (tim_AT_quitte.de)
Date: Thu Nov 15 2001 - 18:54:39 EET

>> driver latency on this system (k6-III-450, audiophile 24/96, dma-ide)
>> is low enough to allow me to do stereo software audio-through (read

>and I don't.. Maybe the problem is indeed my soundcard...
>
>Maarten

hmm. may be worth reading the soundcard driver source then in your case.
i don't remember what card you have but i think that any dma-capable
pci card should make this possible if the hw design is not totally
screwed up. and i believe that the alsa guys do their best to squeeze
max performance out of the driver.

tim