Re: [Alsa-devel] Re: [linux-audio-dev] latencytest results webpage

Subject: Re: [Alsa-devel] Re: [linux-audio-dev] latencytest results webpage
From: Maarten de Boer (maarten.deboer_AT_iua.upf.es)
Date: Fri Nov 16 2001 - 16:08:39 EET

Andre Pang <ozone_AT_algorithm.com.au> wrote:
>> I am thinking of setting up a webpage, where people can post
>> their latencytest results, so we can keep an inventory of
>> the several combinations, categorising on:
>
> This is a great idea. I actually started re-writing the latency
> testing harness scripts because I thought they were too
> inflexible, and I'm almost finished with the re-write. The idea
> is to include as much system information as possible in the
> results , such as kernel version, processor, SMP, VM parameters,
> as well as making it easy to add new tests to the testing suite.
> (Think 'download new file and drop in directory' easy).
>
> I'll write the list when the new testing suite is ready for
> release.

Sounds very good. I can provide server space to host the test results,
and write some CGI to display them. I think the best way is to submit
them by e-mail, having the test scripts write out an e-mailable
form. I am not very sure though what to do with the images; are these
really necesary to get a good idea of the results, or would the
maximum latency + number of underruns by sufficient?

Maarten