Re: [Alsa-devel] Re: [linux-audio-dev] latencytest results webpage

Subject: Re: [Alsa-devel] Re: [linux-audio-dev] latencytest results webpage
From: dave willis (dubson_AT_dhammanet.net)
Date: Tue Nov 20 2001 - 10:14:44 EET

On 19 Nov 2001, Josh Green wrote:

> On Fri, 2001-11-16 at 05:28, Andre Pang wrote:
> > This is a great idea. I actually started re-writing the latency
> > testing harness scripts because I thought they were too
> > inflexible, and I'm almost finished with the re-write. The idea
> > is to include as much system information as possible in the
> > results , such as kernel version, processor, SMP, VM parameters,
> > as well as making it easy to add new tests to the testing suite.

i modified mine, as well, with tons of debugging info in the program, and
the scripts with info on kernel (and patches), as well as audio driver and
drive-type, giving unique filenames to all so i can do 3 different drivers
on 2 different drives with 7 different kernels without having to move any
files.

> Lets start a list of fields in the database (tab delimited in email):

[heavily edited out list]
these need to all be automatically figured by the software.

> KernelPatches List of patches applied (PE, LL, AA, etc)

this will only work (automatically) if people make sure that EXTRAVERSION
is properly defined in their kernel Makefile (i had to do some by hand
as not all patches contain this).

don't forget hdparm settings!

-dave

--
perl -e'@email=split(//,".tenmhd\@nosbud");foreach$letter(@email){$
email=$letter.$email;}$email=~s/(m|net\.)/a\1\1/g;print"$email\n";'