Re: [linux-audio-dev] latencytest results webpage

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] latencytest results webpage
From: Tobias Ulbricht (up5a_AT_stud.uni-karlsruhe.de)
Date: Wed Nov 21 2001 - 17:09:27 EET

[snip]

> TestVersion Latencytest version
> TestFrags # of audio fragments during test
> TestFragSize Size of each audio fragment
> TestFileSize Size of file for disk tests
> TestList List of tests performed (example: "X, proc, write, read, copy")

my 2 p.

i wonder: we hab some different latency test programs, "latencytest" from
Benno and the "latency" from alsa, and maybe others?
- maybe we should categorize them and/or choose only one which will do the
job. If there is a bug in the latencytest program you discover after some
weeks, you'd have lots of unusable graphs/data.
- Also some people did additional "stressing" by doing a "find . ".
- Either a new option for that or say "please exclude other stresses
during test".

[snip]
> XWinVersion X windows version

- are framebuffer still in discussion, i.e. "do not switch fb consoles
during test"?
- maybe a flag, if you did it under X, fb console, or old text ?

> VideoDriver Video driver string (NVIDIA-1.0-1541, X, etc)

[snip]

- what about laptops. Because people explicitely asked for it, maybe we
should have a different category for them?

> My preferred web development platform is probably PHP/MySQL. I probably
> have some time to work on something like this so lets start discussing
> details :) Would be nice to have a list to discuss this project, should

<personal> since I still shiver when people use PHP, MySQL, Wiki,
you-name-it , because I've no clue what's that all about, I'd like to know
what you did, when you did it :)
</personal>

> Josh Green
> Smurf Sound Font Editor (http://smurf.sourceforge.net)

Hope you had a nice time around the world after the LinuxTag, Josh.

See you,
Tobias.