Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ot] Portable HD audio recorder

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] [ot] Portable HD audio recorder
From: D. Stimits (stimits_AT_idcomm.com)
Date: Thu Nov 22 2001 - 20:29:11 EET

Steve Harris wrote:

> Found this while looking for something else.
>
> http://www.archos.com/uk/products/product_500201.html
>
> 6gig HD, mp3 recorder. Analogue/spdif input (no preamp or phantom)
> USB. 30-160 kb/s. Costs E340 (~$340)
>
> Not really competition for the linux based thing people were discussing
> here, but interesting none the less.
>
> - Steve

I noticed it has a USB connector. I don't know to what extent it is
used, maybe it is used as a simple file transfer port. If it does not
require a specific o/s or program to copy over the USB port, there are
keychain sized USB hard drives out there now which are o/s independent
as well...it'd be interesting to know if one of these keychain devices
could be used to extend or download directly to the mp3 device. And if
not, certainly a small embedded linux controller could be created as
nothing more than a USB mp3 storage area network device. (not that I can
afford one, but hey, it's interesting)

D. Stimits, stimits_AT_idcomm.com