Re: [linux-audio-dev] jack question

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] jack question
From: Andy Lo-A-Foe (andy_AT_alsaplayer.org)
Date: Sat Nov 24 2001 - 05:45:55 EET

> > yep. myself as well as several other people have run it and heard it
> > as well.

Followup: the same 'bug' is also responsible for misconfiguring my audio
hardware for jack. The "default" alsa device apparantly allows for all
possible pcm_hw parameters. Since jackd tries the 'high quality'
settings first, which will *always* be satisfied with "default" it never
gets the correct settings for my hardware (S16_LE, 2 channel, INTERLEAVED).

After 'fixing' this I now get sound from jackd!!! Woohoo :)

The question is, who is at fault?

- Me, for not knowing (or caring) about an .asoundrc?
- alsa-lib, for allowing these impossible settings?
- jackd, for being too optimistic?

Thanks,

Andy