Re: [linux-audio-dev] GSMP v0.0.2

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] GSMP v0.0.2
From: Rene Rebe (rene.rebe_AT_gmx.net)
Date: Tue Nov 27 2001 - 17:10:26 EET

Hi.

On Tue, 27 Nov 2001 14:46:13 +0100 (CET)
CK <x_AT_meta.lo-res.org> wrote:

> I read:
> >
> > I just uploaded GSMP v0.0.2. Because we had not much spare time in the last
> > weeks it is mainly a bug-fix release.
>
> Maybe it's just the OSS output (no alsa on the testing box for now) but
> everytime I try to get a selection to play it spits out "no data available"
> trying to stop IO (in the hope to get normal conditions again) generates a
> continous "waiting for mixer" only a ^C helps from there ...

Hm. I though it might be some infinity-loop in our IO-layer-chain, but
migh quick test with selecion, without selection and the same with sample
date available and withou never caused such a situation (although I have
ALSA's OSS emu here ...). What situation do you need to causse this?
(a files loaded (or not), a selecion (or none), ...)

btw: some more informations about gsmp. We have multi-selections and markers.
Multi-selection is performed by using the "Shift" or "Meta" Key (add or
substract). Marker support in the UI is very limitted. You see the IO-pos
muving during playback / capture and you can set the current-editing-pos
marker by short clicking into the wave-form. This is the position where
IO starts ... (I write a new waveform using a overlay-technic simillar to
Ardours in the next weeks - with full marker, better selection, real-grid,
and sample-index labeling, and evelopes)

> I'll try to look into it, but any hints are welcome of course,

It should be either the ALSA node or some part of out "filters" in
the IO chain. GSML/include/IO.hh:

  /* There are additinal MixerSource classes that can be stacked upon each other
   * and act as filters (mainly) for the DataLayer source. That way we implement
   * looping and Markers (limmiting and modifing of the start, end and current
   * position ...):
   *
   * DataSource <-> SelectionFilterSource <-> (MultiplexerSourece) <-
   * -> MarkerFilterSource <-> LoopFilterSource <-> Mixer <-> MixerNode
   *
   * A Multiplexer Source suppots switching the SourceChain. This is mainly used
   * to switch to a FX prehearsal stream.
   */

But I will also fix it if I get more info ;-)

> regards,

> --
> chris_AT_lo-res.org Postmodernism is german romanticism with better
> http://pilot.fm/ special effects. (Jeff Keuss / via ctheory.com)

k33p h4ck1n6
  René

--
René Rebe (Registered Linux user: #127875 <http://counter.li.org>)

eMail: rene.rebe_AT_gmx.net rene_AT_rocklinux.org

Homepage: http://www.tfh-berlin.de/~s712059/index.html

Anyone sending unwanted advertising e-mail to this address will be charged $25 for network traffic and computing time. By extracting my address from this message or its header, you agree to these terms.