Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADMEA revisited (was: LAAGA and supporting programs)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADMEA revisited (was: LAAGA and supporting programs)
From: Paul Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Mon Oct 01 2001 - 07:14:06 EEST

>I haven't kept up with the specifics of these design discussions, but it
>sounds like your goals are very close to the goals of the BeOS Media Kit.
>Have you read the Media Kit's documentation and API, and if so, have
>they influenced your design at all? If you haven't read them before,
>they're available at online [0].

I wanted to add that I found the MediaKit close to the design goal,
but written in C++, which wasn't acceptable for Linux where C and
other language bindings are common. CoreAudio is also close, but felt
unacceptably MacOS-like to serve as an acceptable basis for an API on
a Unix-like system. The conventions (coding, naming, etc) were all at
odds with 95% of the code that gets written for Linux.

--p