Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADMEA revisited (was: LAAGA and supporting programs)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADMEA revisited (was: LAAGA and supporting programs)
From: Antti Boman (antti.boman_AT_mindcom.fi)
Date: Mon Oct 01 2001 - 22:49:32 EEST

Richard Guenther wrote:

> I never looked into JACK, I just know LAAGA and Arts and what Richard
> posted about LAMEDA. JACK is the one used within Ardour?
               ----

I suppose 'lame' wasn't intentional ;)

Anyway, I - as a person with no votes - vote for the current path of
development. Even if an omnipotent API would be a wet dream come true,
it seems to lead to a longer development cycle and lots of arguing about
the small gimmicks that cannot be brought in to it after all. Or if they
will, the cycle gets even longer.

We need a good basic API to start from and rely on. I need a good basic
audio API to get things working. I'm biased, though. I support my own
needs ;)

-Antti Boman