Re: [linux-audio-dev] Software for slicing up ripped sample CD

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Software for slicing up ripped sample CD
From: Juhana Sadeharju (kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi)
Date: Wed Oct 03 2001 - 21:44:17 EEST

>From: "Paul Kellett" <paul.kellett_AT_maxim.abel.co.uk>
>
>In WaveLab (a flagship audio editor) you would put a limiter plug-in
>across the output while you were doing this sort of editing,

Interesting. In SoundForge one cannot even touch the waveform
while a plug-in is running. I have tried to increase the volume
with some gain plug-ins but they cannot increase to +64 dB;
it is always something +24 dB. I have also played with a reverb
plug-in and it has gains only up to +0 dB --- one needs to have
24-bit files and do extra job in setting reverb gain to +24 dB (say).
Wavelab seems to solve all these problems because one is able to
chain multiple plug-in (reverb followed by limiter).

Of course, chaining the plug-ins should work in basic non-realtime
editing as well.

Juhana