Re: [linux-audio-dev] Software for slicing up ripped sample CD

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Software for slicing up ripped sample CD
From: Andre Majorel (amajorel_AT_teaser.fr)
Date: Thu Oct 04 2001 - 16:05:01 EEST

On 2001-10-03 13:05 +0100, Kevin Hremeviuc wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Slightly off topic, but maybe someone has something in
> there box of tricks, or knows of something that can
> rip samples from wav files using silence as the
> separator ( possibly with threshold and silence length
> parameters ).

Try this :

  http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/misc/auxtract-0.1.0.tar.gz

It's crude but it works for me. If your source has a high S/N
ratio, you probably want to lower the default gate threshold
(E.G. sox foobar.wav -t raw | auxtract -o foobar## -l -90).

--
André Majorel <URL:http://www.teaser.fr/~amajorel/>
(Not speaking for my employer, etc.)