Re: [linux-audio-dev] Broadcast 2000 removed from public access

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Broadcast 2000 removed from public access
From: Fred Gleason (fredg_AT_wava.com)
Date: Mon Oct 15 2001 - 20:51:02 EEST

On Mon, 15 Oct 2001, Son of Zev wrote:

> At this stage I am unaware of any precedent to this kind of claim. The claim
> against mp3/p2p software was an issue of music copyright and the illegal
> distribution of it - however no one ever sued anyone for making a recordable
> tape deck or video player.

Hmmm. While it isn't exactly a lawsuit, isn't this exactly what SCMS is
all about? Banning hardware that is even *capable* of being used for
digital IP infringement.

Cheers!

|Frederick F. Gleason, Jr.|WAVA Radio - 105 FM |Voice: 1-(703)-807-2266 |
| Director of Engineering |1901 N. Moore Street| FAX: 1-(703)-807-2245 |
| |Arlington, VA 22209 | Web: http://www.wava.com|
| WASHINGTON DC: Fifty square miles almost completely surrounded by |
| reality. |