RE: [linux-audio-dev] is there a hammerfall dsp driver in the works?

Subject: RE: [linux-audio-dev] is there a hammerfall dsp driver in the works?
From: Richard C. Burnett (burnett_AT_tality.com)
Date: Mon Oct 15 2001 - 20:59:20 EEST

I was *not* happy with the MOTU 2408mkII on my windows machine. The
firewire interface connector was very touchy to the slightest movement and
when it pops out you get some loud noise out if you have things
connected. I really liked some of the options on it but compared to the
Delta 1010 which I have, it wasn't as durable and was quite a bit noiser
than I had expected. Now, I do have a friend that uses this MOTU on his
Mac and his is quiter and the software works better. Seeing as I think
there is Delta 1010 support on Linux (why I bought it) and that it is
cheaper I cannot see going with the 2408mkII. Now in MIDI land, the XT
midi controller from Motu is MUCH better than the MAudio equivalent. I
don't know if those have Linux drivers (USB midi ports).

Rick