Re: [linux-audio-dev] surround encoding

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] surround encoding
From: dave willis (dubson_AT_dhammanet.net)
Date: Fri Oct 19 2001 - 23:26:17 EEST

On Tue, 16 Oct 2001, Juhana Sadeharju wrote:

> Maybe they could give a permission for free encoder software
> because the streams are going to be played through commercial
> amplifier (lisence paid) and because encoding lisence could
> be paid only if the product goes to commercial market.

is the license paid if i just buy individual texas instrument chips and
build my own encoder/decoder/amplifier? ti gives great info on their
chips and block diagrams for building devices on their site, and they can
be individually ordered from digikey.com for resonable prices. that's
what i plan on doing, anyway, and save some money by buying a
multi-channel digital-only card.

-dave