Re: [linux-audio-dev] open-source like hardware

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] open-source like hardware
From: Erik Walthinsen (omega_AT_temple-baptist.com)
Date: Wed Jan 16 2002 - 05:07:36 EET

On Wed, 16 Jan 2002, Rene Rebe wrote:

> Building an external audio-box with multi analog input and outputs
> containting at least one DSP which is conencted via an existing bus
> (most likely Firewire).
> The only problematic part is, that the powerfull DSPs are BGA (Ball
> Grid Array these days - and designing such a PCB sucks ...)

This is pretty much the design I'm working on, except using a simple
microcontroller, not a DSP. What would the DSPs by used for for this
device? Can a microcontroller do the job? (see
http://www.triscend.com/products/indexe5.html for the chip I'm messing
with) Email me for more info (I wrote something up for someone else
interested that I can forward), and we definitely need to get a group
together of people who have the interest and ability to design such
hardware. The analog end is the hardest IMO.

      Erik Walthinsen <omega_AT_temple-baptist.com> - System Administrator
        __
       / \ GStreamer - The only way to stream!
      | | M E G A ***** http://gstreamer.net/ *****
      _\ /_