Re: [linux-audio-dev] EVO status...was: (open-source like hardware)

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] EVO status...was: (open-source like hardware)
From: Allan Klinbail (allank_AT_labyrinth.net.au)
Date: Sun Jan 20 2002 - 09:43:00 EET

Just a quick history lesson that maybe relevant.

Fairlight (an australian company) folded because the company failed to
patent the technology (hard disk recording), which pro-tools was later
to adopt and bring about the demise of this company.

Use of this by multiple vendors meant that the technology can be used
by anyone.

(got friends who worked there in the 80's)

cheers
Allan