Re: [linux-audio-dev] Soundcards: USB, Firewire, PCI, PCMCIA

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Soundcards: USB, Firewire, PCI, PCMCIA
From: Paul Davis (pbd_AT_Op.Net)
Date: Mon Jan 21 2002 - 20:48:04 EET

>Where are the BeOS drivers? Due to a lack of useful audio applications,
>Echo has regretfully decided to suspend driver development for BeOS for
>the time being.

"due the utter collapse of BeOS, and its virtual complete
disappearance as a useful operating system, let alone a hot platform
for audio applications, we've decided to stop working on it."

                 However, we are planning to release our core C++ driver
>library as open source. This will allow BeOS, Linux, or BSD enthusiasts to
>pursue writing their own drivers, should they choose to do so.

oh sure. it will, except that we have to translate back to C, since
C++ cannot be used inside the kernel (no run time support for C++
features). true for BSD as well, BTW.

>Are you going to make Linux drivers? At this time there is no scheduled
>time for the development of Linux drivers or release our code to the open
>source community or outside developers. We do plan on doing this sometime
>soon.

Show me the money^H^H^H^H^Hcode.

--p