Re: [linux-audio-dev] Soundcards: USB, Firewire, PCI, PCMCIA

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Soundcards: USB, Firewire, PCI, PCMCIA
From: David Gerard Matthews Jr. (dgm4+@pitt.edu)
Date: Mon Jan 21 2002 - 23:34:12 EET

Paul Davis wrote:
> there are much better cards than the Event series. The Midiman
Delta's
> would be the most obvious choice. well engineered, well documented,
> well liked, and pretty well supported under Linux.

In fact, the guy who sold me my Delta told me specifically to stay clear
of the Echo cards, and he didn't even know I was running Linux. From
what I've heard, they're buggy and the drivers (Windoze, of course)
suck. I can't say enough good things about the Delta series, but of
course if you want a pro-audio solution for a laptop under Linux you're
still SOL at this point.
-dgm