Re: [linux-audio-dev] updated snd - where?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] updated snd - where?
From: Dave Phillips (dlphilp_AT_bright.net)
Date: Sat Feb 09 2002 - 23:44:59 EET

Ivica Bukvic wrote:

> If I remember correctly, there was some talk a while ago about making
> snd "prettier" (or as some pointed out, more Cool edit pro-like). I
> remember seeing a screenshot somewhere, but now I am unable to find it,
> nor am I able to find the place where I could download it from. The
> official site's binary still looks the same as the old one (not sure if
> there were any changes whatsoever). I did not try the source code
> though. Can someone please point me in the right direction so that I can
> obtain that "prettied-up" version? :-) Thanks a lot!

That version can be built from the sources. It's dependent on Motif (not
LessTif), though Bill is working on a GTK version too. More information
on "prettifying" Snd can be found here:

        http://linux.oreillynet.com/pub/a/linux/2001/10/05/snd_partone.html

Some of that information has been outdated by recent development, so
feel free to write to me if you're not sure how to set it up.

Best regards,

== Dave Phillips

        The Linux Soundapps Site at http://sound.condorow.net