Re: [linux-audio-dev] tracker with midi input

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] tracker with midi input
From: jordan muscott (morsecode_AT_blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: Sun Feb 10 2002 - 15:29:52 EET

> One issue I kinda had was how to 'advance' when you're playing keys. I
>guess, if the track is playing in a 'record' mode, you pick what track
>you're on and the notes just appear. That would probably make the most
>sense. Otherwise, just a step input mode would be nice that advances like
>a 16th note or something.
>
> It shouldn't be too hard to throw in. What do you think of ttrk? I
>don't get much comments on it. I should probably put it on sourceforge or
>something. Do you know of any bugs?
>
>--
>Billy Biggs vektor_AT_div8.net
>http://www.div8.net/billy wbiggs_AT_uwaterloo.ca

Just a quick reply to say that I agree with the last few posts on ttrk
-- a midi step input mode where you could set the step size is essential
and would transform the program, and the idea you mention for playing in
record mode would be great as well. (and after that if it was at all
possible to add 'chord input' and ability to capture control data, well
that would be the icing on the cake...)

For me ttrk has the basis of what would be the perfect midi sequencer
... I have to admit i havent been writing any music recently so
therefore have not used it enough to know of any bugs or anything like
that.

Jordan.