Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA Writing Tutorial [was: tracker with midi input]

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] LADSPA Writing Tutorial [was: tracker with midi input]
From: Frank Barknecht (barknech_AT_ph-cip.uni-koeln.de)
Date: Thu Feb 14 2002 - 01:45:09 EET

Steve Harris hat gesagt: // Steve Harris wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 11:56:23 +0100, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> >
> > As much as I like your way and as much as I would like to understand it
> > better, I would prefer a more general C or even better C++ tutorial.
> > Making the work easier with XML and Perl might be too off-topic in the
> > tutorial I am thinking of. It simply a next step, that should come
>
> A tutorial on how to write LADSPA code in C allready exists.

Now I looked a bit further down the ladspa.org page and a little ashamed
I have to admit, that Dave Bensons work comes very close to my fictional
tutorial, it just slipped me.

> I have never done it. I got 50% of the way through a simple plugin
> before I got bored of typing:
>
> port_descriptors = (LADSPA_PortDescriptor *)calloc(3,
> sizeof(LADSPA_PortDescriptor));
> ampDescriptor->PortDescriptors =
> (const LADSPA_PortDescriptor *)port_descriptors;
>
> Then I decided it was a job for software.

Or a job for C++?

> I don't use C++ for religious reasons ;)

I see.

> But, I suspect it could be a good
> choice for LADSPA plugins, the CMT set are C++ IIRC.
They are, and as I understand CMT, Richard did hide a lot of the tedious
work in a smart class. I'll have to dig deeper into it.

Ciao,

--
                                                 __    __
 Frank Barknecht       ____ ______   ____ __ trip\ \  / /wire ______