Re: [linux-audio-dev] Going mono to stereo in LADSPA?

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Going mono to stereo in LADSPA?
From: Alexander Ehlert (ehlert_AT_gris.uni-tuebingen.de)
Date: Thu Feb 14 2002 - 18:01:36 EET

On Tue, 2002-02-12 at 13:15, Steve Harris wrote:
> Sure, can't see why not. I will change the labels a bit though, a mono to
> stereo converter usually does something different.
What does a mono to stereo converter do then, other than that?

But anyway I'd say that channel splitting is something a good host
should do. Now you can start adding another 31 plugins that do 1 to n
channel splitting :) Actually a better option to that splitter would
have been a panning plugin, that splits up the mono stream and
distributes the mono channel with different weights to stereo:

<callback event="run">
unsigned long pos;

panright = sin(theta)
panleft = cos(theta)
for (pos = 0; pos &lt; sample_count; pos++) {
        LADSPA_Data in = *(input++);

        buffer_write(*(outright++), in*panright);
        buffer_write(*(outleft++), in*panleft);
}
</callback>

where theta has to be pi/4, to get equal distribution on both channels.

Cheers, Alex