Re: [linux-audio-dev] The intel C compiler

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] The intel C compiler
From: Alexander Ehlert (ehlert_AT_gris.uni-tuebingen.de)
Date: Thu Feb 21 2002 - 11:23:04 EET

On Wed, 2002-02-20 at 18:20, Michael J McGonagle wrote:

> Ok, next stupid question? Has anyone thought of doing a Linux
> distribution based around using the Intel compiler? Or is this something
> that is forbidden by their license? Are there just too many differences
> between GCC and the Intel for this to be an easy thing?

Yep, there are too many differences. The Intel Compiler can't compile
the kernel yet, anyway. Ok this would be no problem, build the kernel
with gcc and the rest with intel. For instance, the Intel compiler can't
compile qt. One of my colleagues here tried but failed. You even got to
change the source sometimes...

So forget about it at the present time.

Cheers, Alex