[linux-audio-dev] It's that time of the year again..

Subject: [linux-audio-dev] It's that time of the year again..
From: Frank Neumann (Frank.Neumann_AT_st.com)
Date: Mon Mar 25 2002 - 18:17:59 EET

Hi LADers,

the biggest European Linux event, the LinuxTag in Germany, is slowly
approaching, and once again we get the chance to take part in it and
present what Linux can be used for in the audio market on our own (free)
booth there.

And just like last year, I'd like to ask around who is interested in
helping out by manning the booth, demonstrating his/her self-written (or
some other) software and generally having a good time.

The LinuxTag will take place from June 6th to 9th, 2002, this time in
Karlsruhe, Germany (NOT Stuttgart where it used to be the last 2 years).
Karlsruhe is located in the south-west of Germany, close to the
Schwarzwald, about 120 km south of Frankfurt, 70km east of Stuttgart.

For further information on the LinuxTag, please visit
http://www.linuxtag.org.

So, for now I'd just like to ask who is interested in taking part in
this event, and what applications/developments you would like to
demonstrate (if any), or what other tasks you are willing to take. Also,
anyone who wants to help indirectly (sponsoring, preparing demos, you
name it) is welcome to
raise his voice.

This year we'll be trying to do a common booth together with the ALSA
folks. As far as I can see right now, Takashi Iwai might be there all
the time, and Jaroslav Kysela might join us for at least one day.
Hopefully we'll see some more of the experienced ALSA folks around
there.

Some suggestions for things that could be demonstrated:
- Recording audio and modifying it with Glame/Audacity/whatever
- Putting effects on (live) samples (LADSPA)
- MIDI sequencing (MusE)
- MP3/OGG encoding for creating your personal "Jukebox"
- Technical demos: Ardour/Jack, Writing LADSPA plugins

This is only a very short list - I have a couple of other ideas on my
mind, and I'm sure some of you do, too. Let us know!

That's all I have to say for now - your turn!

Thanks for reading,
Frank

--
      Frank Neumann (Frank.Neumann_AT_st.com), VIONA Development Center
            ST Microelectronics, Karlstraße 27, 76133 Karlsruhe