Re: [linux-audio-dev] Audio program installs

Subject: Re: [linux-audio-dev] Audio program installs
From: Juhana Sadeharju (kouhia_AT_nic.funet.fi)
Date: Tue Mar 26 2002 - 21:10:57 EET

Hello.

Are there any software which can generate Configure.in/Makefile.in etc.
files automatically? I tried the auto* programs but I got nothing which
could ever compile. I could not understand what was missing in configure.in.
It actually would had been easier to write Makefile manually... but I'm
looking for a software which can automatically write those Makefiles,
a simple task in my case (afterall, I am able to do it in systematic
manner).

While Auto* system helps end-users in compilation, it seems to not help
software authors at all. Instead, software author has to know more
about the compilation system than earlier. I'm just not interested
in to that. Besides, software author is still forced to write 200
in-files if there are 200 directories -- I would like to keep
different programs in their own directories. (I write a lot of simple
programs, not just one huge program.)

Is there anything which could help me?

Best regards,

Juhana